I know if you’re reading this, I know you’re angry.
I can feel your frustration and believe me, you’re not alone. Everyone wants to do something but they don’t know what to do. They need to be told, instructed, and pushed into the direction in life they should go. And that’s fine, it’s not your fault, you’ve been taught helplessness since the moment you were in public school. It’s like when a dog is being beaten by his master, clearly the dog has every ability to fight back and bite but what does an abused dog do? He lays down and kneels and puts his tail between his legs and takes the beating because he never was taught how to defend himself.
Your instincts were taken away from you.
But why are you mad?
There is more civil unrest in America than its peak post World War II. Most of you will say it’s the economy. I can think of little that is more frustrating than not being able to find work so that you can pay your rent or mortgage and feed your kids. If you’re poor and you’re relying on a program that may not be there by the end of the year. If you do have money saved away, chances are you are already living off of your savings just to stay afloat.
Many of you are on the verge losing your homes, farms, and businesses. And you know one day your banker is going to callously toss you and your babies out onto the street.
Meanwhile who helps you?
You probably see the man you voted for burdening you and your brothers with more debt and shipping your jobs and industries over seas as they hire more and more police to watch your every move. Cameras on every corner. Google and Northcom profiling you every second of the day. FEMA building camps all around you in plain view…
Yet, if you watch the news…the man on the television has no idea why you are so mad?
Isn’t it obvious?
You’re living in a goddamn nightmare.
Let’s stop sitting on our couch and call it what it is.
A goddamn nightmare.
Your president says the recession ended in 2009 but all of the numbers say that the economies numbers keep getting worse.
Your betters think you’re stupid.
I’m not trying to tell you that there is no hope, and that you shouldn’t be “positive.”
But, there is a time, when it all comes to an end. And you have to look in the mirror and say.
“I have nothing else to lose.”The man on television wants you to sit right where you are and watch the television and pretend that these problems have nothing to do with you.
I know that people are waking up all over the world. The protests over seas proves that. However; the first step is realizing, what is wrong with the world around you. If you do not recognize the problem, you will never be able to fix it.
So, to help you out, here is a list of 20 things that you are living in a nightmare.
- Millions of you’re fellow Americans have been using their savings and investments in a desperate act to stay afloat. Over the past couple years, United States consumers have withdrawn $311 billion (TRUTH-WALLSTREET JOURNAL) more from savings and investment accounts than they have placed into them.
- Goldman Sachs (The banker of the gods) paid out $15 billion dollars in compensation to its employees for 2010. (TRUTH-THE INDEPENDENT) while you paid them a bail out.
- In 2010, the number of American families that were kicked out onto the street from their homes reaches an all-time new record. (TRUTH-REALTY TRAC)
- Many of the things you buy in the supermarket have been reduced in size by up to 20%, while they label their goods, “Now 20% more!”. There are now 2 less slices of Kraft cheese in a package, there is 9% less toilet paper in a typical package of toilet paper (you’re not crazy, tp really isn’t lasting as long for your bung hole). But at the same time, they have you convinced you are paying the same amount for these items that you always have before, while in reality, it was an increase. (TRUTH-CNN)
- Companies are making millions by shipping your manufacturing equipment from shut down factories in the United States and sending them to China. (TRUTH-FINANCIAL POST)
- The wealthiest 20% own 93 freaking percent of all of the goddamn “financial assets” in the United States. (TRUTH-THE INTERNATIONAL FORECASTER)
- Only 35% of Americans have enough savings to be able to cover three months of living expenses. (TRUTH-WALLSTREET JOURNAL)
- 47% of you believe that your banker, China, is the numero uno economic super power in the world. (TRUTH-BLOOMBERG)
- The man on television tells you that the United States banking system is healthy but why then, does the number of “problem banks” continue to increase, now up to 937. (TRUTH-CALCULATED RISK)
- According to Robert Reich, former U.S. Labor Secretary, the wealthiest 0.1% of all Americans make as much money as the poorest 120 million Americans. (TRUTH-TRUTH-OUT.ORG)
- House prices continue to fall, and they are falling faster than they did during the great depression of the 30′s. (TRUTH-USA TODAY)
- 45% of college students in the United States exhibit “no significant gains in learning” after two freaking years of college! (TRUTH-USA TODAY)
- American students now ow more than $886 billion in student loans, which is also a new all-time record. (TRUTH-FINAID)
- The United Nations reported that global food prices are at an all time high and that the price of oil is nearly $100 a barrel, however the man on television says that there is barely any inflation at all. (TRUTH-BBC)
- The more of you that are on food stamps, JP Morgan makes more money. What it’s not free money? No way, a record 43.2 million Americans are now on food stamps and JP Morgan is making tons of money processing these payments and those jobs are held by people in India. (TRUTH-ABC NEWS)
- In the 1970′s, 25% of all jobs in the United States were manufacturing jobs. However, it is only 9% today. Made in an American is a thing of the past. (TRUTH-THE BURNING PLATFORM)
- 36 out of 50 states are going to increase their taxes to raise their revenue and further burden you. (TRUTH-U.S. NEWS)
- The United States of America has had a negative trade deficit every single year since 1976. (TRUTH-CENSUS.GOV)
- The United States national debt has cross the $14 trillion-dollar ceiling. And they know that in 2011 it will cross $15 trillion. You are now a citizen of a country who has more debt than any other country added together in the history of civilization. How does that make you feel? (TRUTH-CNN)
- The current Administration is imposing a “universal InternetID” that will track, monitor, and have the potential to control every single thing you do on the Internet. No such thing as anonymity on blog posts, articles, and purchases. (TRUTH-PC MAGAZINE)
These are just 20 of the problems, and every single one, concerns you directly. Go through that list and try to find one of those that has nothing to do with you.
Go on. Try it.
And if you think you’ve found one, you’re wrong, all of these affect you in one way or another to varying degrees.
Do you see it now?
I’ve identified some problems, and you can either help me find a solution or you can sit on the couch and let your greasy back sink into the cushions.
“Accordingly, globalization is not only something that will concern and threaten us in the future, but something that is taking place in the present and to which we must first open our eyes.”
-Ulrich Beck, Sociologist